Rough takes place at Koomer Ridge Campground in Red River Gorge in the town of Pine Ridge, KY. This campground is managed by the United States Forest Service. You can find directions to the campground HERE. Additionally you can plug the following coordinates into any GPS system to find the exact location.
GPS Coordinates: 37.7848398,-83.6301945
Here's how the camping works:
- Reference this Koomer Ridge Campground Guide & Map for all things related to the campground.
- The start and finish line of the race is at the walk in camp site area (see map).
- We will be reserving all camp sites on the left side of the campground (sites 44-54) for Friday and Saturday nights.
- When you register for the race via Ultrasignup.com you can tell us whether you do or do not plan on camping.
- Prior to the race we will contact all runners and give you a way to pay for your camp site in advance. If you pay in advance for one of the walk in sites, then you have a reserved camp site.
- You may camp in ANY camp site in the campground if one is vacant. All other camp sites (sites 1-43) will be first come, first served on race weekend.
- All camp sites are $10 per night.
- If you pay for Friday and Saturday nights you can obviously just leave your site set up and have a nice cozy place to crash right at the finish line after the race.
- If you pay for only Friday night you will need to pack up and vacate your site prior to the race.
November will be cold, so firewood can be purchased from a number of local sources. The easiest solution is to purchase some firewood at Sky Bridge Station during packet pickup on Friday night. They have plenty, it's inexpensive, and you have to go there anyway to get your packet on Friday night! Grab some dinner while you are there!
We will be communicating with everyone via email with event more details about camping and other logistics as we get closer to race day. In the meantime if you have any questions please shoot us an email using our Contact form.