Terms & Policies
Unfortunately we are not able to offer refunds to our events at this time. However, runners who are unable to run the race for which they have registered may transfer their registration to another runner, transfer their registration to a different distance within the same event, or transfer their registration to another event. See the Transfer Policy below for further details.
Cancellations may be done at any time, but refunds will not be issued. See Refund Policy above. Once a runner cancels his or her registration the runner may not re-enter the event unless he or she registers again. All cancellations are final!
NOTE: Transfer policies differ from event to event, so read these policies closely. NO TRANSFERS WITHIN 7 CALENDAR DAYS OF AN EVENT. NO EXCEPTIONS.
HOT HOT HUNDRED
Registered event participants of the Hot Hot Hundred Trail Races may transfer their registration if they are unable to or choose not to compete in the race for which they registered. Two types of transfers are available for this event:
- Transfers to Another Participant - Participants may transfer their registration to someone else. Use the following link for instructions on how to transfer your registration to another participant. How to Transfer Tickets to Someone Else
- Transfers to a Different Distance or Ticket Type - Participants may transfer their registration to a different distance or "ticket type" within the same event. All ticket transfers are subject to a $5 administrative fee. Participants are also liable for paying any difference in price between the two ticket types. Use the following link for instructions on how to transfer to a new ticket type within the same event. How to transfer to a different ticket type
all other events
Registered event participants of all events OTHER THAN the Hot Hot Hundred may transfer their registration if they are unable to or choose not to compete in the race for which they are registered. Runners may transfer bibs to another runner, transfer to a different distance within the same event, or transfer to another race (excluding the Hot Hot Hundred) by receiving "transfer credit."
- Transfers to Another Participant - Runners may transfer their bib to another runner. To do this, follow these instructions:
- Log in to your Ultrasignup account.
- Click the "Transfer Registration" button on the Order Edit screen.
- Access the Order Edit screen via the "Edit" link in your registration receipt or in your Registration History.
- Your original order will be removed, and a 100% credit will be added to the system under the transferee's name and email account.
- The transferee will be sent an email invitation to register via Ultrasignup.
- Bib transfers must be completed no fewer than seven (7) days prior to the event.
- Transfers to A Different Distance - Participants may transfer their registration to a different distance within the same event. Participants are also liable for paying any different in price between the two distances. To do this, follow these instructions:
- Log in to your Ultrasignup account.
- Make any necessary changes to the distance for which you are registered.
- If you choose to upgrade to a more expensive distance, your original order will be removed, and you will be given a credit to re-register for another distance.
- You will be directed to re-register. If you do not immediately re-register, the coupon will remain under your email until you do so.
- Transfers to A Different Event- Participants may transfer their registration to a different Next Opportunity Events race prior to 7 days before the event. To do this you must cancel your existing registration via Ultrasignup. When your registration has been canceled you will receive a credit for a future registration to another Next Opportunity Events race.
- Cancellations prior to 30 days before the event - 100% credit toward a future race
- Cancellations between 7 and 30 days before the event - 25% credit toward a future race
- You may not "rollover" or defer your registration to the same event the following year.
**NOTE FOR EVENTS HOSTED ON ULTRASIGNUP.COM: CLICK HERE to have your registration receipt resent to you if needed.
The following Volunteer Policy is effective 12/9/2017 and applies to all events taking place after that date.
All volunteers at Next Opportunity events will receive a free shirt. Usually this is one of our custom Next Opportunity Events tees, but we can make arrangements for you to receive another shirt from our store if you choose. Just let us know if that is the case prior to or at the event. Please understand that sizes and selections are limited, and there may be instances in which your size or shirt is unavailable. In that case we will make every effort to make you happy!
Any individual that volunteers with us at a Next Opportunity Events race for a minimum of two hours will receive a discount for a future race. After you complete your volunteer event you will receive a promo code that can be used on any eligible event that is currently open and accepting registrations (see exceptions below). Promo codes can be requested HERE. Discount amounts are based on the amount of time a volunteer works a given shift. Our shifts are discounted as follows:
- 2-4 hours: 15% discount
- 4-8 hours: 35% discount
- 8+ hours: 50% discount
COURSE SWEEPERS: Course sweepers receive a registration credit equal to the highest possible registration fee of the race they "swept".
EXAMPLE: Ralph sweeps the entire Rough Trail 50K course. He will receive a $95 race discount because the highest possible registration fee for Rough Trail 50K is $95. Ralph will receive a $95 credit toward any other eligible race (see exceptions above).
SHIFTS: Each volunteer will be assigned a shift prior to the event. Volunteer hours beyond the assigned shift will not apply toward your race discount. Shifts do not apply to course sweepers. Travel time to and from the event does NOT count toward your volunteer hours.
WAITLISTS: Volunteer promo codes do not override event or distance capacity limits. A volunteer promo code does not allow the volunteer to bypass the waitlist if an event is sold out.
TRANSFERABILITY AND EXCLUSIVITY: Volunteer discounts are NOT transferable and may only be used by the volunteer. Volunteer promo codes may not be combined for greater discounts. Only one promo code can be used per race registration. Registrations made with a promo code assigned to anyone other than registrant will be canceled and refunded.
EXPIRATION: Volunteer discount codes are valid for one calendar year from the date of the event at which an individual volunteered.
EXAMPLE: A volunteer works an event on 1/1/2018. The volunteers discount will expire at midnight on 1/1/2019.
DISCLAIMER: These policies are subject to change without notice. The most current version of the Volunteer Policies will always be available at www.nextopportunityevents.com/policies.
Each of our events has a "Volunteer" section on the event web page with a form that can be submitted to express your interest in volunteering. So if you are interested in volunteering, look over all of our events. If you would like to volunteer for ANY of our race just fill out the volunteer form on the race web page, and we will get back in touch with you as soon as possible. OR you can submit a general volunteer interest form HERE.
If you have volunteered with us in the past, you can retrieve your volunteer discount code HERE.
Race Participation Policy
The following are the official race rules of Next Opportunity Events, LLC. These policies apply to all competitive running events managed by Next Opportunity Events, LLC.
All runners must agree to the following Race Rules as part of the registration process for a given race. Violation of any of the following Race Rules will result in disqualification from the race in question. In certain circumstances of significant abuse, neglect, or disregard for the official Race Rules a competitor who violates these rules may be barred from all future participation in any Next Opportunity Events, LLC event. Such action is at the discretion of the Owners of Next Opportunity Events, LLC. There will be no exceptions to these rules.
- Leave No Trace - We proudly support the land managers both public and private that host our races. As such any misuse of public or private land will not be tolerated. Next Opportunity strives for sustainability in all of our races, and we hold our runners to the same standard. DO NOT litter, pick wildflowers, or otherwise deface the property in any way.
- Leaving The Established Race Course - Going off trail creates a negative ecological impact. Race participants are not to leave the established race course. Any runner who leaves the established race course by mistake must return to the point of departure on foot before continuing. Any motorized transportation will result in disqualification.
- Courteous and Respectful Behavior - Mistreatment of race volunteers, other racers, or other trail users will not be tolerated and will result in disqualification.
- Receiving Aid - Race participants must maintain forward progress throughout the race under his or her own power. No motorized or otherwise assisted travel will be permitted except for rafts at the Breaks 40 Miler. Runners may not receive aid from any person other than themselves except at official aid stations and official crew points. Accepting aid from any other person will result in disqualification.
- Banditing - Only registered runners and official pacers will be allowed on the course. No unofficial runners or "bandits" will be allowed. Banditing will result in the runner being barred from future Next Opportunity Events races.
- Aid Station Protocol - All runners must check in and out of every aid station. This is to ensure that everyone is accounted for and that everyone runs the full distance of each race. If a runner does not check in/out at of any aid station he or she will be subject to disqualification. There will be a volunteer at each aid station responsible for checking each runner in and out. It is the runner's responsibility to make sure he or she gets checked in and out of every aid station. Any runner who does not check in/out of every aid station will be disqualified and will NOT receive a finisher award.
- Smoking - Smoking by runners, their pacers, or crew is not permitted on the race course or at official aid stations.
- Pets - No pets are allowed at the race. This includes dogs on or off leash. Per regulations related to the Next Opportunity Events, LLC insurance policies pets are prohibited on the race course and at the race sites for the duration of that event.
- Aid Station Cut-Offs - Aid station cut-off times will be strictly enforced to the second. No exceptions. Any runner not OUT of an aid station before the exact cut-off time will be pulled from the race and disqualified. If a runner leaves an aid station before the aid station's cut-off time and returns to the aid station after the aid stations cut-off time the runner will be disqualified. No exceptions will be made.
- Finish Line Cut-Offs - Any runner not across the finish line before the final finish line cut-off time will be disqualified from the race. Runners who miss the final finish line cut-off will not receive a finisher award and will receive a "Did Not Finish" official finish time. This will be enforced to the exact seconds, and no exceptions will be made.